Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Greatest Loss

My best friend killed himself on May 5, 2016. I'm pretty sure he did it the day before and they found his body on the 5th, but nonetheless, he is gone.

How do you mourn the loss of a connection so powerful that you feel incomplete without it? I know.. One day at a time. This man and I shared a heart and mind, and after watching him slowly lose both over the last few months of his life, I'm in a weird sort of numb place. Part of me has an energy and power that is ready to take off and do as much good as possible with my time left. The other part, however, is struggling to find a purpose to keep going.

I keep hearing him tell me to trust the journey. He says he's safe in my heart, and not to worry because he'll be with me every step of the way.I suppose I have to cling to that and keep going. Every step forward is the most powerful act of hope in the face of hopelessness. I just have to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to remove any and all comments, at ay time, for any reason, at my sole discretion. Thank you! :)